Sharon Mann , the world-renowned fitness expert and international presenter was voted Canadian Fitness Presenter of the Year in 2001. She is co-producer and host of In Shape with Sharon Mann, a fitness series airing nationally on Discovery Channel’s FIT-TV . Sharon is a 4-time National Sport Aerobic champion, and an Adidas sponsored athlete on the Three Stripe Team.
The list of accomplishments is impressive but no more so than Sharon’s commitment to inspire the best in all people! Sharon is also helping us get the word out about the goodness of soy. Check out our commercials, featuring tips from the fitness guru herself (link to commercials – smoothie, quesadilla and stirfry).
Here are some of Sharon’s favourite tofu recipes:
Szechuan Tofu ‘n Sauce Tortilla Pizza
Prep time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
Olive oil, to sautee
3 packages (3 x 175g) Pete’s Tofu n Sauce Szechuan, diced
6 cups diced mixed vegetables (pick your favourite veggies or whatever you have on hand)
3-4 mushrooms, sliced
8 small corn tortillas
Jack cheese, shredded, to taste
1. In a hot sautee pan coated with oil, sautee the tofu and diced vegetables until the vegetables are al dente, about 6 to 8 minutes.
2. Serve the tofu & vegetables over a corn tortilla and top it with shredded cheese to taste.
Kid Friendly Tofu Nuggets
Prep time: 30 minutes Servings:4
1 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
1 tablespoon grated parmesan or cheddar
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 cup broccoli chopped fine or pureed
1 large egg
1 package (350g) Sunrise Extra Firm Tofu
1 tablespoon olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Mix together bread crumbs, cheese and paprika . Set aside
2. Mix broccoli and egg with a fork and set bowl next to breadcrumb mixture
3. Cube tofu or cut into shapes with cookie cutter.
4. Dip tofu into egg mixture then roll them the breadcrumbs until coated. Set aside.
5. Heat oil in pan on medium heat. Add tofu nuggets in single layer ( not touching ) and cook until nicely brown, about 2-3 minutes per side.
6. Serve immediately.